DVD-R Video (-VR)

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Thu Mar 22 17:35:05 PDT 2007

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Hi Peter,
You may refer to the last UDF spec. and presentation material from DVD Forum
have some information. T10 may not be the best place to have this kind of
information.
DVD-RW drive with open RW disc reports "0" for Read Capacity command.
Therefore
OS native driver does not mount the disc.
But RW disc that has correct DVD VR structure shall have UDF structure as
well
as the structure on the closed disc. So the disc should have AVDP at 256. The
RW
disc has only one track (RZone). At the end of the track or end-256, second
AVDP
shall be recorded. So you may access to the RW drive directly, then read AVDP
at
256. You should be able to read UDF file system structure as well as the
structure on the closed disc.
To make a copy of the RW disc, you may check the track size via Read Track
Information command. Then copy the track from start to end.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
Peter at Smart-Projects.net@t10.org on 2007/03/23 04:41:13
$BAw?.<T(B:	  owner-t10 at t10.org
$B08 at h(B:  mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com, t10 at t10.org
cc:
bcc:
$B7oL>(B:  DVD-R Video (-VR)
* Peter at smart-projects.net
*
Hi,
I wonder if there\'s a person who can help me with the structures that a
standalone DVD-R writer writes, to identify the files / recordings on the
disc, before finalisation of the disc (and hence before the normal FS is
written) ?
I\'d like to mount open -VR discs.
Thanks for any pointers you might have for me.
Best Regards,
Peter
Peter Van Hove,
CD and DVD Data recovery