SAS 2 - bit ordering for SNW-3 settings

Sheffield, Robert L robert.l.sheffield at intel.com
Thu Mar 22 11:17:12 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0703222_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Intel has assumed the opposite.
Question - is the bit numbering in table-84 correct? In every other
instance where bits in a field are transmitted across the wire, the
first bit transmitted is the highest numbered bit in the field and is
the highest order. Why is the start bit numbered "0" and not "31"? I
think there's a 100% chance that breaking convention here will result in
non-interoperable solutions.
Bob