2008 Fees for Participation on INCITS Technical Committees and Task Groups

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Thu Jun 14 12:22:35 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0706140_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

<teresa.schwarzhoff at nist.gov>,
<dnagle at erols.com>,
<L3chair at msn.com>,
<aluthra at motorola.com>,
>	 "Brower, Bernard" <bernard.brower at kodak.com>,
>	 "Gillman, Daniel - BLS" <Gillman.Daniel at bls.gov>,
>	 "Podio, Fernando" <fernando.podio at nist.gov>, <fherr at idtp.com>,
>	 <greg.cannon at crossmatch.com>, "Neumann, John" <openstrat at aol.com>,
>	 <elaine.newton at nist.gov>, "Stull, Edward" <edstull at elstull.com>,
>	 "Lohmeyer, John" <lohmeyer at t10.org>,
>	 "Snively, Robert" <rsnively at brocade.com>, <tom.palkert at xilinx.com>,
>	 <craig.carlson at qlogic.com>,
>	 "Cummings, Roger" <roger_cummings at symantec.com>,
>	 "Colegrove, Daniel" <daniel.colegrove at hgst.com>,
>	 "Durusau, Patrick" <patrick at durusau.net>,
>	 "LaPlant, William \(Bill\)" <blaplant at mindspring.com>,
>	 "Gregg Vanderheiden" <gv at trace.wisc.edu>,
>	 "Farance, Frank" <frank at farance.com>,
>	 "Jeran, Paul" <paul.jeran at hp.com>, <eric_zeise at nexpress.com>
>Cc: <klensin+sc22 at jck.com>, <tnturba at comcast.net>,
>	 "Raymond, Gary" <gary at sysmaker.com>,
>	 "Hodgson, Jonathan" <jhodgson at sju.edu>, <blmarks at btinternet.com>,
>	 <daniel.kimball.ctr at dla.mil>, <tharrington at wherenet.com>
>
>INCITS TC and TG Chairs
>

>Please assign a committee document number and distribute the attached memo
to your committee members.

>Best regards -
>

>Jennifer T. Garner
>Director, Standards Programs
>INCITS/Information Technology Industry Council
>1250 Eye Street, NW - Suite 200
>Washington, DC 20005
>202.626.5737
>e-mail:   <BLOCKED::mailto:jgarner at itic.org>jgarner at itic.org
>website: <www.incits.org">http://www.incits.org/>www.incits.org
>

>in070774
>
>INCITS
>InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards
>INCITS Secretariat, Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
>1250 Eye St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005
>Telephone 202-737-8888; Fax 202-638-4922

>June 13, 2007
>
>Reply to:
>
>Jennifer Garner
>
>Phone:
>
>(202) 626-5737
>
>Email:
>
>jgarner at itic.org

>INCITS Technical Committee and Task Group Members

>2008 Fees for Participation on INCITS Technical Committees and Task Groups

>INCITS Secretariat
>

>----------
>
>Dear INCITS Technical Committee and Task Group Members,
>
>The InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS)
serves in two major roles:
>    * SDO - INCITS provides a low cost, ANSI accredited process for
developing US National Standards.
>    * TAG - As the US TAG to ISO/IEC JTC 1, most of the JTC 1 Subcommittees
and Working Groups, and ISO/TC 211, INCITS represents US interests in ISO and
ISO/IEC JTC 1 activities.

>INCITS members participate in the development of standards and exercise US
TAG responsibilities including the ability to influence global ICT standards
decisions through their participation on US delegations to international
meetings.

>INCITS Secretariat services are provided by employees of the Information
Technology Industry Council (ITI). The INCITS Secretariat supports the
progression of standards through the domestic SDO process through the
establishment, maintenance and oversight of the program's ANSI accredited
procedures and processes.   In response to the INCITS community's interest in
getting our standards into the hands of the broadest base possible, most of
the INCITS standards are available in electronic format for $30.

>The Secretariat serves as the US TAG Administrator in monitoring and
distributing international issues and documents to ensure timely US
JTC 1, 2 Special Working Groups of ISO/IEC JTC 1, 14 Subcommittees of ISO/IEC
JTC 1, 61 Working Groups associated with those SCs, one ISO TC and 5 Working
Groups in ISO.	INCITS provides the financial support for the US-held
international Secretariats administered by ANSI (JTC 1, JTC 1/SC 22 and JTC 1
Special Working Group on Directives) and INCITS/ITI (JTC 1 Special Working
Group on Accessibility).

>The INCITS program is funded largely by participation fees.  Executive Board
dues and fees were increased in 2003 with the decision to merge INCITS with
the JTC 1 TAG.	Technical Committee and Task Group fees have remain unchanged
since 2001.

>During the course of the 2006 INCITS strategic review, it was acknowledged
that the existing IT infrastructure was outdated and no longer met the needs
of the INCITS community.  Comments from participants at the annual TC
Officers' Symposiums have echoed these concerns.

>We have reached a point where we must raise TC and TG service fees to fund
the INCITS Secretariat services, meet our commitments to US participation and
leadership in the international standards community by funding the US-held
international Secretariats administered by ANSI and INCITS/ITI, and build the
modern IT infrastructure necessary to provide the INCITS members with the
services they need and deserve.   A demonstration of an IT infrastructure
solution will be presented during the July 16-17, 2007 INCITS TC Officers'
Symposium.

>The Executive Board has agreed that the 2008 budget should anticipate a
significant IT infrastructure investment and that revenue must be increased
to cover the anticipated expense.  At the April 2007 INCITS Executive Board
meeting, the following new fee structure was approved for 2008:

>2008 Fee Structure (by organization)
>    * TC/TG Service Fees
>	 * $1,200 TC or 1st TG if not member of TC
>	 * $ 400 Subsequent TG
>	 * Alternates
>	     * Eliminate fee for additional alternates
>	     * No limit to number of alternates
>
>Although the INCITS Secretariat and Executive Board regret this necessary
fee increase, we are confident that INCITS remains the most cost effective
forum for developing domestic standards and influencing ISO/IEC JTC 1.

John Lohmeyer		       Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
LSI Corp.		       Voice: +1-719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.		Cell: +1-719-338-1642
Colo Spgs, CO 80907