Full blank stop for HD DVD-RW

Garrett Jacobson Garrett.Jacobson at microsoft.com
Fri Jul 27 16:54:16 PDT 2007

* Garrett Jacobson <Garrett.Jacobson at microsoft.com>
*
Hello Kimura-san and Mr. Van Hove,
Microsoft is not concerned about a disc that has a partial file system
after a cancelled full blank command.
In fact, we much prefer this to the alternate scenario where a disc that
was being fully blanked was cancelled and the disc state is blank but
the data was not actually erased.  This creates a more confusing
experience for the user and is difficult for the host to deal with.  The
most important thing from our point of view is that the state of the
disc as reported by the drive is consistent with the physical state of
the disc...and in a cancellation case, it has not been blanked yet.
Best Regards,
Garrett Jacobson
Microsoft, Corp.