Informative vs. Normative, defined

Jack Cole jack.cole at ieee.org
Fri Jul 27 10:38:08 PDT 2007

* "Jack Cole" <jack.cole at ieee.org>
*
Just to tighten the understanding and give a somewhat better link to IEEE...
Look at the IEEE Style Manual
http://standards.ieee.org/guides/style/section4.html
SCC38 isn't an authority for IEEE
While it is mandatory to comply with a normative annex, it is not
mandatory that you have one or any.
And while informative material is not part of the standard, if there
is any in the balloted standard, then with IEEE it must be submitted
for approval as balloted with the informative material included and
unchanged. So there is a mandatory aspect to informative material.
Jack
IEEE IASC chair

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org