SAS 2 - scrambler operation

Andrew.Roy at lecroy.com Andrew.Roy at lecroy.com
Thu Jul 19 13:42:52 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0707197_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

David,
Your proposal makes me unhappy for one reason:	it is conceivable that
somebody's receiver design will depend on receiving a certain bit pattern
in order to train itself.  Therefore, I think it's important to have all
the transmitters
out there doing the same thing.
Andy Roy
LeCroy
PS: Just my own opinion, not an official position of LeCroy.
Robert,
Thank you for your reply.
I agree that it is important to keep with the rest of the standard.
Section 7.4 defines the idle dwords that are sent when a link is idle.
“Idle dwords are vendor-specific data dwords which are scrambled (see
7.6).”
It would seem to me that a precedents has been set for allowing
“vendor-specific” implementation of the “scrambled training data”
dwords
between the train primitives.
if this is agreeable with the parties concerned I would be willing to
draft a proposal.
Regards,
David Freeman
Finisar Corp