SAS 2 - scrambler operation

David Freeman David.Freeman at finisar.com
Thu Jul 19 12:53:07 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0707196_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Robert,
Thank you for your reply.
I agree that it is important to keep with the rest of the standard.
Section 7.4 defines the idle dwords that are sent when a link is idle.
"Idle dwords are vendor-specific data dwords which are scrambled (see
7.6)."
It would seem to me that a precedents has been set for allowing
"vendor-specific" implementation of the "scrambled training data" dwords
between the train primitives.
if this is agreeable with the parties concerned I would be willing to
draft a proposal.
Regards,
David Freeman
Finisar Corp