SAS 2 - scrambler operation

Robert Watson Robert_Watson at pmc-sierra.com
Thu Jul 19 11:55:11 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0707195_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

While I agree that it would be easier from an implementation point of view to
overlay the data, it would not seem (to me) to be in keeping with the rest of
the standard, as Stephen illustrates. So I prefer pausing the scrambler when
a primitive is inserted.
For the second question - reception is vendor specific, I believe; but what
is transmitted should be, in my opinion, well defined.
Thanks,
Robert Watson
PMC-Sierra,Inc.
  _____