SAS 2 - scrambler operation

Stephen FINCH steve.finch at st.com
Thu Jul 19 06:47:04 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0707190_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

I'd like to address the question by use of an example.
In a normal frame (between SOF and EOF or between SOAF and EOAF), the
scrambler is not advanced is a ALIGN primitive is inserted.  In fact, the
scrambler is not be advanced when any primitive is inserted, such as RRDY or
ACK.  Since the TRAIN and TRAIN_DONE patterns consists of TRAIN and
TRAIN_DONE primitives and scrambled data then, by the example above, the
scrambler would not be advanced when the primitive portions of the patterns
are sent.
In section 7.6 it states:
"All data dwords are scrambled. Table 117 lists the scrambling for different
types of data dwords."
In a brief search of SAS-2, I didn't find an explicit statement that
primitives are not scrambled, but they aren't.
Regards,
Steve Finch
  _____