TrustedFlash Forum

Brian A. Berg bberg at bswd.com
Fri Jul 13 12:44:47 PDT 2007

* bberg at bswd.com (Brian A. Berg)
*
David,
TrustedFlash is a trademark of SanDisk.  See
 http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/news/articles/story_4571.html
You may be thinking of the Trusted Computing Group.  See
 https://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/home
IEEE 1667 is working in this arena.  A WinHEC 2006 ppt is at

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/b/9/5b97017b-e28a-4bae-ba48-174cf47d
23cd/SPN093_WH06.ppt
More about IEEE 1667, "Standard Protocol for Authentication in Host
Attachments of Transient Storage Devices," is at
 http://standards.ieee.org/announcements/pr_IEEE1667_new.html

http://www.computer.org/portal/site/computer/menuitem.5d61c1d591162e4b0ef1bd1
08bcd45f3/index.jsp?&pName=computer_level1_article&TheCat=1060&path=computer/
homepage/April07&file=security.xml&xsl=article.xsl&
I am chairing 2 sessions related to flash memory security at the Flash Memory
Summit
next month in Santa Clara, CA:

http://www.flashmemorysummit.com/English/Conference/Seminar_Session_Descripti
ons.html#WA1

http://www.flashmemorysummit.com/English/Conference/Seminar_Session_Descripti
ons.html#S205
The first of these two sessions (Workshop A1) is free with advance
registration, and includes
James Borden of Microsoft speaking on IEEE 1667, as well as Curtis Stevens of
Western Digital
speaking on "Password Locking Standards for Flash Media."  The latter will
include aspects of
T10 and T13 re: security for media including flash-based media.
The second of these two (Session 205) is open to paid conference attendees.
The 3-day event on Aug. 7-9 has many free aspects to it, including keynote
speeches, workshops,
exhibit floor (with food), etc.  The paid conference includes some excellent
tutorials and
sessions.
Cheers.
 Brian A. Berg		  bberg at bswd.com     Voice: +1.408.741.5010
 Berg Software Design			       FAX: +1.408.741.5234
 14500 Big Basin Way, Suite F	   Consulting: storage/SCSI/USB/SAN
 Saratoga, CA 95070 USA 		      Cell: +1.408.568.2505
		       visit the Storage Cornucopia at www.bswd.com

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org