SAS-2: Physical link rate tolerance management QUESTION

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Fri Jul 6 20:56:29 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0707063_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

A transmitter honoring "1 per" is fine.  That's a subset of the other
rules.	Consecutiveness is not implied by these rules.
Expanders cannot guaranteed the "1 per" rules while forwarding dwords in
connections from one physical link rate to another, so receivers are
required to tolerate the fact that they might show up nicely arranged as
"1 per" - they could be bunched together over wider ranges (e.g., four
together, then 508 non-deletable primitives).
---
Rob Elliott, HP Server Storage
elliott at hp.com