Issues with SAS-2 r10 Annex B

Alvin.Cox at seagate.com Alvin.Cox at seagate.com
Fri Jul 6 11:44:57 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0707061_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

I have found 3 areas that need to be corrected and will include these in
07-063. Please let me know of any other Annex B issues that have not
already been included in 07-063.
B.1 Signal performance measurements overview
Delete Note 106.
B.2.3 Definition of receiver sensitivity and receiver device sensitivity
This section has a problem with a list of items starting with h, then
going back to a, It also includes a description for receiver tolerance
that does not address the closed eye capability of SAS-2 devices.
B.9.3 Use of single-ended instrumentation in differential applications
The following statement needs to be deleted for SAS-2:
All the measurements specified in this standard relate to differential
signal pairs, and all specified
S-parameters are of the SDDij form.
Alvin Cox
Seagate Technology, LLC