Driving Directions for next week's T10 meetings

Roger Cummings roger_cummings at symantec.com
Fri Jan 12 05:02:07 PST 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0701121_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Folks,
Here's the latest information on driving directions to the hotel for
next week's T10 meeting.
All of the links to directions given in the meeting announcement,
namely:
Directions from Orlando Airport (MCO): http://tinyurl.com/n7sm9
Directions from Daytona Beach (DAB): http://tinyurl.com/guw56
Directions from Sanford (SFB): http://tinyurl.com/n9ms7
are still good. Note that the route from Orlando Airport has currently
changed to use the SR-417 Greeneway and avoid downtown Orlando, and now
involves paying three tolls - two of 50c each and one of $2. There are
exact change lanes at the first two toll booths, so bring some quarters!
Note that the next-to last step of the directions from MCO & DAB is
incorrect - it is no longer necessary to make a U-turn on International
Parkway at Heathrow Park Lane - you can instead take the 2nd left on
International Parkway directly into the hotel complex.
TOLLS
See above, and note that if you're following other directions from
Orlando Airport that go via SR-408 and I-4 there's a 75c toll there too!
TRAFFIC INFORMATION
There's a good real time travel & traffic reporting system available by
calling 511 on your mobile phone, or at:
http://www.fl511.com/default.asp?area=FL_Central&display=critical
MAP
If you'd like a good single sheet map of the major roads in Central
Florida (including toll booths), please see:
https://epass.oocea.com/mapsandtravelinfo/maps/maps_centralflaexpressway
.shtml
On this map the hotel is located near the top center of the map close to
CR 46A just west of the junction with I-4.
See you all on Monday.
Regards,
Roger Cummings
SYMANTEC