Fwd: INCITS/T10 International Representative - Third Call for Volunteers - Closes February 2, 2007

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Tue Jan 2 11:53:31 PST 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0701027_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

This is the third call for volunteers to serve as the T10 International
Representative. As Jennifer mentions below, a candidate has come forth.
However, the call is open to any other T10 member who might wish to apply for
this position. Please contact me if you have any questions.
John
>Subject: INCITS/T10 International Representative - Third Call for Volunteers
-
>	 Closes February 2, 2007
>Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:36:32 -0500
>From: "Garner, Jennifer" <jgarner at itic.org>
>To: John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>
>Cc: "Robinson, Gary" <g.robinson at computer.org>,
>	 "Barra, Lynn" <lbarra at itic.org>,
>	 "Purnell, Parthenia" <ppurnell at itic.org>
>
>John
>

>As you may recall, the first two calls for volunteers to serve as T10 IR
closed without response, however, a candidate has come forth.

>At your earliest opportunity, please issue the attached third call to the
members of T10.  I will be in touch after the call has closed on February 2.

>Best regards -
>

>Jennifer T. Garner
>Associate Director, Standards Programs
>INCITS/Information Technology Industry Council
>1250 Eye Street, NW - Suite 200
>Washington, DC 20005
>202.626.5737
>e-mail:   jgarner at itic.org
>website: <www.incits.org">http://www.incits.org>www.incits.org

====

>in070003
>
>INCITS
>InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards
>INCITS Secretariat, Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
>1250 Eye St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005
>Telephone 202-737-8888; Fax 202-638-4922
>
>Date: January 2, 2007
>Date Due: February 2, 2007
>Replaces:  in061167, in061278, in061417
>Reply to: Jennifer T. Garner
>Phone: (202) 626-5737
>email: jgarner at itic.org
>cc:   John Lohmeyer, INCITS/T10 Chairman
>	 Gary Robinson, INCITS/T10 IR
>
>----------
>To: The Members of INCITS/T10
>
>From: Jennifer T. Garner, for the INCITS Secretariat
>
>Subject: THIRD CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS - International Representative -
INCITS/T10, SCSI Storage Interfaces

>----------
>
>The term of office of the current INCITS/T10 International Representative,
Mr. Gary Robinson, will expire in March 2007.  The first two calls for
volunteers to serve as International Representative of INCITS/T10 closed
without response.  A candidate has come forth.

>This third call for volunteers to serve as International Representative of
INCITS/T10 is being issued to the members of T10 and will close on February
2, 2007.

>Any member of the INCITS Subgroup is welcome to volunteer to serve. Before
one considers doing so, however, the commitment in time and responsibilities
should be considered. Officers must actively support the administrative
structure that ensures due process to all participants, assists in reaching
consensus and protects the accreditation of the entire system. [There is no
limit to the number of terms an individual may serve. There is a rule
prohibiting one individual from being appointed to two or more offices of the
same committee simultaneously.]

>The <INCITS/RD-2">http://www.incits.org/rd2/main.htm>INCITS/RD-2, Organization and
Procedures of INCITS, generally describes officers' responsibilities, and a
more detailed list of duties has been compiled in the
<INCITS/RD-3">http://www.incits.org/rd3/rd3.htm>INCITS/RD-3, Officers' Guide.

>Those willing to make this commitment must submit three written statements
in support of their candidacy:
>    * A one-page statement of experience, indicating the volunteer's
expertise in the subgroup's program of work, voluntary standards efforts,
committee experience and leadership abilities (to be forwarded to the INCITS
Subgroup for an advisory ballot if there is more than one candidate).
>    * A statement of management support for a three-year term on company
letterhead acknowledging the additional workload, financial resources and
duties required of an officer over and above that of a technical participant.
 This statement must be signed by the candidate's management and submitted on
their organization's letterhead.

>The statement of management support for the three-year term is a good faith
commitment, not a legal binding commitment. If future circumstances require
the applicant to resign from the office before the term has been fulfilled,
this will be accepted without prejudice.
>    * A statement as to whether or not the candidate is a representative of
a U.S. domiciled organization.

>Any supplemental materials will be forwarded along with the advisory ballot
to INCITS, which appoints all INCITS Subgroup officers. The statements from
candidates wishing to serve in the above referenced position on the INCITS
Subgroup should be sent to the attention of Jennifer Garner
(jgarner at itic.org) no later than February 2, 2007.

John Lohmeyer		       Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
LSI Logic Corp. 	       Voice: +1-719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.		Cell: +1-719-338-1642
Colo Spgs, CO 80907