New QUERY TASK SET/QUERY UNIT ATTENTION task management functions

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Thu Feb 15 11:32:02 PST 2007

Attachment #1: <A HREF="r0702151_smime.p7s">smime.p7s</A>

I've posted proposals for some new task management functions to
http://www.t10.org/new.htm:
    07-066 SAM-4 SAS-2 FCP-4 QUERY TASK SET task management function
    07-067 SAM-4 SAS-2 FCP-4 QUERY UNIT ATTENTION task management function
QUERY TASK SET check if the logical unit has any tasks from the I_T nexus
(QUERY TASK/QUERY TASK SET parallel ABORT TASK/ABORT TASK SET).
QUERY UNIT ATTENTION checks if the logical unit has a unit attention
condition pending for the I_T nexus.  Unlike a command like TEST UNIT READY,
it doesn't clear the unit attention condition.
I've also posted a proposal that lets FCP-4 declares that it already
supports QUERY TASK via the Read Exchange Concise (REC) extended link
service:
    07-072 FCP-4 QUERY TASK task management function
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott