Mt Fuji - MMC:

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Tue Aug 28 22:20:28 PDT 2007

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Hello all,
I have a report and a comment.
We discussed about "No errors shall occur." in the last meeting.
Report:
Pioneer drive will never report error for Performance Descriptor regardless
of
Exact bit setting, WRC setting. Because host refers "Write Speed (Type field
=
03h)" then sends a selected parameter. This system never cause error. And no
host sends the descriptor with Exact=1.
Comment:
If we change "No errors shall occur." of Exact=0, all software venders need
check their existing/legacy software behavior at the error termination of
SetStreaming command. Some drive and some media combination, drive may
terminate
the command as error by some vender specific reason. Can your software handle
this situation?
"No errors shall occur." guarantees that drive shall accept your any request
and
shall repair drive and media condition for the next coming write command. I
think this is very important.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.