Updated PHY specification and tomorrow's conference call

Alvin.Cox at seagate.com Alvin.Cox at seagate.com
Wed Aug 8 11:40:20 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0708081_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

I have completed the transmitter device section except for some reference
numbers to the receiver section. Changes also include putting the OOB
transmitted requirements into a single section rather than in the
transmitter tables. I will probably take a similar approach with the
received OOB signal. I will start work updating the receiver device
section, but wanted to go ahead and post this much to help in the review
process.
Please note that the 6Gbps eye opening tbd has an editor's note in the
note referenced by the item. We determined that the eye opening would be
hbased on the reference transmitter output voltage of 1000 mV pk-pk, but I
am not sure how to handle this in the transmitter device specification
table.
Please review for tomorrow's call.
I have not posted the agenda for the 8/9 call yet pending information
regarding StatEye version 5. Any agenda item suggestions are welcome. Just
let me know.
Alvin Cox
Seagate Technology, LLC
Office 405-381-8067