Comments on (06-225r6) SSC-3: Key Entry using ESP

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 30 10:51:04 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0704300_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Matt,
In your latest proposal you have a discussion point that asks two
questions:
Should we make P-521 Elliptic curve mandatory as well?
<<The answer is NO!  There are IP issues with elliptic curve and IBM will
resist making this mandatory.>>
Should we require that the device server support 256-bit SK (Seed Keys?)
for encryption?
<<We can support this.>>
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-2869 / 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com