Device Identification VPD Page - iSCSI

Knight, Frederick Frederick.Knight at netapp.com
Thu Apr 26 06:35:58 PDT 2007

* "Knight, Frederick" <Frederick.Knight at netapp.com>
*
The SPC2 spec contains the following wording in section 8.4.4 for
Identifyer types 3h (the NAA type in SPC3/4):
"The identifier field contains an FC-FS Name_Identifier. Any FC-FS
identifier may be used, including one of the four based on a Canonical
form IEEE company_id."
Even the SPC3 spec says in section 7.6.4.5.1 - "This format is
compatible with the Name_Identifier format defined in FC-FS."
So at minimum, the device is SPC2 compliant ("Any FC-FS identifier may
be used...").
	Fred Knight
	Network Appliance
	RTP,  NC