Proposal for additional 6G SAS Phy spec

Alvin.Cox at seagate.com Alvin.Cox at seagate.com
Mon Apr 16 11:00:04 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0704163_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

This is exactly the type of discussion we need at the meeting. It will be
included along with any other issues that people can find with the
specification.
Alvin Cox
Seagate Technology, LLC
Tel 405-350-7424
Cell 405-206-4809
E-Mail	alvin.cox at seagate.com
"Jenkins, Mike" <Mike.Jenkins at lsi.com>
Sent by: owner-t10 at t10.org
No Phone Info Available
04/16/2007 11:55 AM
<t10 at t10.org>
cc
Subject
Proposal for additional 6G SAS Phy spec
Alvin & the SAS Phy folks,
I would like to revive the proposal for a minimum spec on the TX VMA.  I
believe Kevin originally proposed this, and now, especially in the absence
of a normative spec on de-emphasis, I believe nothing formally limits the
minimum VMA.  The current proposal sets max/min limits on the peak
voltage, but not on VMA which is arguably a more relevant parameter for
signal integrity.
Hence, I propose 600 mVppd as the minimum value for TX VMA (which is the
same value I believe Kevin proposed originally).
This subject really doesn’t seem to have much meat for a presentation, but
I would like to discuss this during the Phy meeting, if we can spare a
little time.  I will try to summarize these points with a few slides and
will upload them if anyone requests.
Thanks,
Mike