DVD-R/DL layer jump recording

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Mon Oct 2 18:23:43 PDT 2006

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Hi Joerg,
First of all, please refer to Fuji6. Because Fuji7 is under editing. So page
number and section number will be changed very often. You and I may be
confused.
Refer to 4.17.5.1.2 Reserved RZone structure on page 169 of Fuji6r100.pdf. If
you reserve a RZone, the R-DL disc has a Layer Jump point already. So you may
not need to use Send DVD structure 0x23 with (layer break address -1).
Send DVD structure 0x23 is used for Invisible/Incomplete (the last) RZone to
set
Layer jump address as written in 4.17.5.3 Layer Jump recording on
Invisible/Incomplete RZone. The Layer jump address is always end of an ECC
block
and then is xxxxxFh.
R-DL has some unique characteristics as written in 4.17.5.2 RZone
reservation.
But if the Reservation size is bigger than the Physical Clearance written in
Figure 72 - Physical overview of Layers, there is no problem.
Do you need two layer jump point?
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)@t10.org on 2006/09/29
18:04:34
$BAw?.<T(B:	  owner-t10 at t10.org
$B08 at h(B:  t10 at t10.org
cc:
bcc:
$B7oL>(B:  DVD-R/DL layer jump recording
* Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
*
Hi,
I am trying to do DVD-R/DL layer jump recording using the simple
case of one single hand crafted layer break.
After reading Mtfuji7 and MMC5, I believe that this is
done via:
Send mode page 5 with write mode == 4
Send reserve rzone with total data size
Send DVD structure 0x23 with (layer break address -1)
I am trying this with a Plextor PXW 755 and Firmware 1.01
that does not accept the
Send DVD structure 0x23 wth any variant of the layer break
address. Could someone help me and tell me what I am doing wrong please?
Thank you in advance
J?g
--
 EMail:joerg at schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) J?g Schilling D-13353 Berlin