Security Protocol Out/Request volume Element Address

James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com
Thu Mar 30 14:14:38 PST 2006

* James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com
*
Specifically, the 12-byte CDB was required to allow ATAPI devices to use
the new security commands.
Thank You !!!
Jim Hatfield
Seagate Technology LLC
   e-mail:  James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com
   s-mail:  389 Disc Drive;  Longmont, CO 80503 USA
   voice:  720-684-2120
   fax....:  720-684-2711
	     Steven Sletten
	     <Steven.Sletten at s
	     un.com>							To
	     Sent by:		       Ralph Weber <roweber at IEEE.org>
	     owner-t10 at t10.org						cc
	     No Phone Info	       t10 at t10.org
	     Available						   Subject
				       Re: Security Protocol Out/Request
				       volume Element Address
	     03/30/2006 02:13
	     PM
* Steven Sletten <Steven.Sletten at Sun.COM>
*
A 12 byte CDB was a requirement for the security commands. This was for
compatibility with ATA. I think Ralph made the best possible compromise
here. The CAP and requesters of the commands felt that we could work
around the slight overlap.
Regards,
Steve

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org