queries Regarding Transport layer

sandeep taneja sandeep.taneja at mail.nsysinc.com
Fri Jun 30 00:33:41 PDT 2006

* sandeep taneja <sandeep.taneja at mail.nsysinc.com>
*
Hello !!
Could anybody help me for solving some doubts in Transport layer.
I have few doubts regarding implementation of Transport layer state
machines.
I am referring to SAS2r03a 22 April 2006.
Following are queries :
1.How does ST_ITS state machine notify ST_IFR state machine that NAK or
ACK/NAK timeout have occurred for DATA frame corresponding to first
enable burst.Is it going to use same message as it is using for the DATA
frame corresponding to XFER_RDY frame?
if yes, then message( Transmission complete(Data-out failed,NAK
received)corresponding to NAK & message Transmission complete(Data-out
failed,ACK/NAK Timeout)) ST_ITS uses to notify ST_IFR is given but How
ST_IFR will handle these message or notify Application layer about data
sending failure seems to be missing.
Thanks.
Regards
Sandeep Taneja