Question for RW-DL fast re-format

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Wed Jun 21 19:41:41 PDT 2006

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Thank you Mou,
May I confirm your requirement?
Do you request the null data writing on the entire RW-DL disc at the default
type (Formatting on Format Type = 00h)? Why do you need it always?
RW-DL format operation does not verify the user data area. Because it does
not
have hardware defect management.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
"Mou Huang" <mou_huang at goCyberlink.com>@avc-pioneer.com on 2006/06/21
18:26:54
mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com$B$KJV?.$7$F$/$@$5$$(B
$BAw?.<T(B:	  owner-mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com
$B08 at h(B:  <mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com>
cc:    <t10 at t10.org>
bcc:
$B7oL>(B:  RE: Question for RW-DL fast re-format
Dear Katata-san,
As regards the question "2. Question about re-format operation of Mt. Fuji
specification",
we CyberLink would like to choose the option 2:
2. Format type Grow Session (11h) and Quick Grow (13h) shall not modify
??? the recorded user data area. Other format type behavior is vender
specific.
To us, the Quick Grow (13h) is enough.
If the Fast Re-format is mandatory, we hope that drive vendors can support
format type 13h.
If it's optional, we suggest to add one flag "Fast Re-format" at bit 5 of
byte 4
in the
"Feature 002Ch: Rigid Restricted Overwrite Feature Descriptor" so that we can
know whether
the Fast Re-format is supported or not.
When it's "1b", then format type 13h should be supported for DVD-RW DL Fast
Re-Format;
When it's "0b", then Fast Re-format is not supported.
What do you think?
Thanks a lot.
Best Regards,
Mou Huang