SSC-3: 06-225r2 now available (AES Key-wrap for establishing an encryption key)

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 7 07:44:45 PDT 2006

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0606070_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Matt & all,
I want to voice my concern about trying to approve for inclusion into
SSC-3 this proposal without first having an approved method of
establishing an SA in SPC-4.  It seems bad to approve something that
relies on a nonexistent method.  I know that David Black is working on his
proposal 06-103 SSC-3: Encrypt keys for transfer to device as well as
possibly taking some of the original parts of 06-225r1 and targeting them
for SPC-4.  However, this has barely started and nothing in SPC-4 provides
a method to establish an SA yet.  The result of this, I believe, is that
SSC-3 will be held out of letter ballot until a method to establish an SA
is included into SPC-4 and SPC-4 passes letter ballot.
Dave,
Please add a discussion of this email to the agenda for the next SSC-3
meeting (i.e. June 21 Telecon).
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-2869 / 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/
"Matt Ball" <matt.ball at quantum.com>
Sent by: owner-t10 at t10.org
06/06/2006 04:49 PM
"T10 Reflector" <t10 at t10.org>
cc
Subject
SSC-3: 06-225r2 now available (AES Key-wrap for establishing an encryption
key)
Hi All,
I just uploaded 06-225r2 to the T10 site.  Please forward this document to
any cryptography people in your organization.  If possible, I'd like to
vote on including this proposal into SSC-3 at the next SSC-3
teleconference on June 21st.  If nothing else, we should be able to
include the changes from clause 8.
Thanks!
-Matt