SAS DONE timers

Richard Deglin rdeglin at vitesse.com
Mon Jul 17 11:36:06 PDT 2006

* "Richard Deglin" <rdeglin at vitesse.com>
*
I have been studying section 7.16.8.5 of the SAS-1.1 standard and I have
a few questions.
1. What exactly does paragraph 6 mean, when it says "the DONE Timeout
timer shall be reinitialized" ?
2. Why does the ACK/NAK timeout situation treat incoming EOF differently
than the other states? Just curious about the reasoning for this
behavior.
Also, I cannot find any specific definitions of the terms used when
describing timer operations, such as initialize, reinitialize, start,
stop, etc. Did I miss something?
Thanks
Rich Deglin
Principal Software Engineer