Updated revision of T10/05-446 has been posted to the T10 web site.

Paul Entzel Paul.Entzel at quantum.com
Tue Jan 17 10:53:49 PST 2006

* "Paul Entzel" <Paul.Entzel at Quantum.Com>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C61B97.5A59C3B8

Revision 2 of the tape encryption proposal (T10/05-446r2) has been
posted to the T10 web site.  This revision includes almost all of the
suggested changes from the working group meeting last week.  The only
suggestion I passed on was the one to combine 2 tables that were similar
into one.  None of the suggestions proposed via email the last couple of
days have been included in this revision.  I talked with Dwayne Edling
this morning and he plans to have a proposal ready before the conference
call next week.  If IBM has any changes they would like to proposed we
can discuss those next week also.  If anyone would like a copy of the
proposal with change bars, please email me and I will gladly provide
one.

As I mentioned at the working group meeting, this revision still uses
the new commands.  I will begin work immediately on revision 3 which
will replace the new commands in the proposal with the SECURITY PROTOCOL
IN and SECURITY PROTOCOL OUT commands approved into SPC-4 last week.  No
other changes are planned for revision 3.

Paul Entzel
Quantum

------_=_NextPart_001_01C61B97.5A59C3B8

Updated revision of T10/05-446 has been posted to the T10 web = site. Revision 2 of the tape encryption proposal (T10/05-446r2) has been posted to the T10 web = site.  This revision includes almost all of the suggested changes = from the working group meeting last week.  The only suggestion I passed on was the one to combine 2 = tables that were similar into one.  None of the suggestions proposed via email the last = couple of days have been included in this revision.  I talked with Dwayne Edling this morning and he plans to = have a proposal ready before the conference call next week.  If IBM has any changes they = would like to proposed we can discuss those next week = also.  If anyone would like = a copy of the proposal with change bars, please email me and I will = gladly provide one. As I = mentioned at the working group meeting, this revision still uses the new = commands.  I will begin work = immediately on revision 3 which will replace the new commands in the proposal with = the SECURITY PROTOCOL IN and SECURITY PROTOCOL OUT = commands approved into SPC-4 last = week.  No other changes are = planned for revision 3. Paul = Entzel Quantum

------_=_NextPart_001_01C61B97.5A59C3B8--
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org