Stop voting and send your opinion for CORE feature V2

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Thu Jan 5 23:38:57 PST 2006

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*

Hello all,

Fuji reflector has been recovered. So I sent this again.
If you send a message today, please check and send it again.

And I have an amendment in my answer.
I was confused with Border Zone vs. Border-out.
Ai san asked me about Border-out. But I thought it as Border Zone. So <Ans2> and
<Ans7> were wrong.

<Ans2>
Reduced Border-out with SMA will be allocated at NWA.

<Ans7>
Yes, allocating the Reduced Border-out is allowed.
Allocating the Border Zone is not allowed.

Best regards,

Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.

---- Original Message at 2006/01/06 ----
Hi Ai-san,

Mt.Fuji document says that drive shall not accept the 2nd SMA address once it
has been accepted. It is because that if special ODTA is performed with the
current SMA location, it is difficult to move the SMA and the DTA.

The other hands, Fuji document never prohibit that drive closes the R-DL disc
with new SMA that is located inner than the SMA specified by command set.

- Where is the start address of the SMA when the disc is requested to be
finalized? Our understanding is the location of the SMA is not changed because
once the location is specified, it is not allowed to be changed. Is this
correct?

<Ans1>
By the SEND DISC STRUCTURE COMMAND, new SMA cannot be specified. To finalize
R-DL disc, drive may move the SMA start address at NWA on L0.

- Where is the Border-out allocated? Just before the SMA, first 7 ECC blocks of
the SMA or at NWA?

<Ans2>
Border-out will be allocated between NWA and SMA that is specified by command.
If the length of the BO is shorter than the specified length by Part 1, a part
of Border-out shall be recorded with the SMA.

- Which data type is recorded between NWA and Border-out or between the
Border-out and the SMA, when host requests to finalize the disc?

<Ans3>
It is normal data attribute if there are space between recorded user data and
Border-out. To finalize the disc, SMA may be used instead of Border-out.

- Is it allowed to apply reduced Border-out even if enough sectors are remained
between

<Ans4>
The size of Border-zone + SMA must satisfy the Book.

If Shifted Middle Area has been specified and the start address is;
- outer enough than 3FF00h. Is Multi-border allowed?

<Ans5>
Yes, it is allowed.

- inner than 3FF00h;
- Is the Multi-border not allowed due to the limitation of the location of the
Border Zone?

<Ans6>
No, Multi-border is not allowed.

- Is it allowed to allocate the Border-out inner than 3FF00h

<Ans7>
No, allocating the Border-out is not allowed.

Best regards,

Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.

Takaharu Ai <ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com>@avc-pioneer.com on 2005/12/28
16:38:18

mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com$B$KJV?.$7$F$/$@$5$$(B

$BAw?.<T(B:     owner-mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com

$B08 at h(B:  mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com
cc:    t10 at t10.org
bcc:
$B7oL>(B:  Re: Stop voting and send your opinion for CORE feature V2

Hello Katata-san and Mt.Fuji members,

Before proceeding Mt.Fuji6 voting, I would like to confirm some issues
about the relation of SMA and border. Please see the attached file and
give me the answer of those questions.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Harry Ai