A descripancy on SBP2 spec 1998

sudeep.biswas at wipro.com sudeep.biswas at wipro.com
Tue Feb 21 01:28:03 PST 2006

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0602210_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Hello ,
This is regarding a confusion on SBP2 spec about contiguos data buffer.
According to Page number 14 and 15, under 4.4 Data Buffers, and page
number 62, under 9.2 Data Transfer of SBP2 specs Rev 2 May 19,1998, even
when p =0 in an ORB, it can have page boudaries according to the
page_size (if page_size is nonzero), and without page boudaries if
page_size is zero, and in figure 7, the data descriptor points to a data
buffer start location where the first page boundary does not appear on
page_size, which shows an offset on first page.
If there should be a offset which is described by the data_descriptor
then what describes the base address for the same ? or is there a bug in
the figure 7, so that the data_descriptot shows the base
address/starting address and from the first page onwards, every page has
full page_sige only.
Please advice ASAP since we are in mid of designing the SBP2 protocol
for our customer and we are stuck in between.
Thanks and regards,
Sudeep Biswas
Project Engineer
Wipro Technologies
Pune, India
411057
contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this
message and any attachments.

check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
email.