Fwd: Status of Officer Position - International Representative for INCITS/T10, SCSI Storage Interfaces - Two Calls for Volunteers Closed Without Response

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Mon Dec 11 12:03:32 PST 2006

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0612110_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

The second call for volunteers for the position of T10 International
Representative closed without a response. I understand that Gary Robinson now
has management permission to apply for this position and plans to do so.
Nonetheless, this call is open to all T10 members. If interested, please
respond directly to Jennifer Garner <jgarner at itic.org>.
John
>Subject: Status of Officer Position - International Representative for
>	 INCITS/T10, SCSI Storage Interfaces - Two Calls for Volunteers
>	 Closed Without Response
>Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:29:50 -0500
>From: "Garner, Jennifer" <jgarner at itic.org>
>To: John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>,
>	 "Robinson, Gary"
>	 <g.robinson at computer.org>
>Cc: "Bennett, Barbara" <bbennett at itic.org>, "Barra, Lynn" <lbarra at itic.org>
>
>in061417
>
>INCITS
>InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards
>INCITS Secretariat, Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
>1250 Eye St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005
>Telephone 202-737-8888; Fax 202-638-4922
>

>Action Requested
>
>Date: December 11, 2006
>Ref. Docs: in061167, in061278
>Reply to: Jennifer T. Garner
>Phone: (202) 626-5737
>email: jgarner at itic.org
>cc: John Lohmeyer, INCITS/T10 Chairman
>      Gary Robinson, INCITS/T10 International Representative

>Members, INCITS/T10
>INCITS Standards Development Board

>Status of Officer Position - International Representative for INCITS/T10,
SCSI Storage Interfaces - Two Calls for Volunteers Closed Without Response

>----------
>
>Background
>
>The term of office of the current INCITS/T10 International Representative,
Mr. Gary Robinson, will expire in March 2007. Two calls for volunteers to
serve as International Representative for INCITS/T10, SCSI Storage
Interfaces, have closed without response:
>    * <in061167">http://www.incits.org/archive/2006/in061167/in061167.htm>in061167 -
first call closed without response on November 6, 2006
>    * <in061278">http://www.incits.org/archive/2006/in061278/in061278.htm>in061278 -
second call closed without response on December 8, 2006

>Requested INCITS/T10 Member Action
>
>Members of INCITS/T10 are requested to consider volunteering to serve as the
Chairman.  Officers must actively support the administrative structure that
ensures due process to all participants, assists in reaching consensus and
protects the accreditation of the entire system. [There is no limit to the
number of terms an individual may serve. There is a rule prohibiting one
individual from being appointed to two or more offices of the same committee
simultaneously.]

>The <INCITS/RD-2">http://www.incits.org/rd2/main.htm>INCITS/RD-2, Organization and
Procedures of INCITS, generally describes officers' responsibilities, and a
more detailed list of duties has been compiled in the
<INCITS/RD-3">http://www.incits.org/rd3/rd3.htm>INCITS/RD-3, Officers' Guide.

>Those willing to make this commitment must submit three written statements
in support of their candidacy:
>    * A one-page statement of experience, indicating the volunteer's
expertise in the subgroup's program of work, voluntary standards efforts,
committee experience and leadership abilities (to be forwarded to the INCITS
Subgroup for an advisory ballot if there is more than one candidate).

>    * A statement of management support for a three-year term on company
letterhead acknowledging the additional workload, financial resources and
duties required of an officer over and above that of a technical participant.
 This statement must be signed by the candidate's management and submitted on
their organization's letterhead.

>The statement of management support for the three-year term is a good faith
commitment, not a legal binding commitment. If future circumstances require
the applicant to resign from the office before the term has been fulfilled,
this will be accepted without prejudice.
>    * A statement as to whether or not the candidate is a representative of
a U.S. domiciled organization.

>Statements from candidates wishing to serve as the INCITS/T10 International
Representative should be sent to the attention of Jennifer Garner
(jgarner at itic.org) by January 5, 2007.

>Potential INCITS SDB Action
>
>In the event that a candidate has not been identified prior to the January
2007 meeting of the INCITS Standards Development Board, the status of this
officer position will be addressed at the meeting.

John Lohmeyer		       Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
LSI Logic Corp. 	       Voice: +1-719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.		Cell: +1-719-338-1642
Colo Spgs, CO 80907