SAS PHY: 06-365r1 Posted -- COMWAKE Analysis

Stephen FINCH steve.finch at st.com
Fri Aug 11 06:26:32 PDT 2006

* Stephen FINCH <steve.finch at st.com>
*
I updated the presentation material that we covered yesterday during the phy
conference call.
1.  Fixed the type errors noted during the discussion
2.  Added an analysis of the effects of SSC
BOTTOM LINE:  COMWAKE is usable.
Even with the uncertainty of COMWAKE detection and the clock differential of
SSC we have huge margins using the example technique outlined in the
presentation.  Even larger margins are possible if that technique is
optimized.  And many other techniques can be devised.
Regards,
Steve Finch
STMicroelectronics
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org