lack of a requirement

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Wed Aug 2 23:34:11 PDT 2006

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Ai san, this is an important point.
The requirement is that drive shall not overwrite the recorded user data area
that are included in the specified capacity (number of blocks field in
descriptor) of the Format Unit command.
It is because that drive shall perform the method of the shortest formatting
time. Host wants to expand the capacity to append new data to the recorded
disc
with the recorded data.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
Takaharu Ai <ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com>@avc-pioneer.com on 2006/08/03
14:18:58
mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com$B$KJV?.$7$F$/$@$5$$(B
$BAw?.<T(B:	  owner-mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com
$B08 at h(B:  mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com
cc:    t10 at t10.org
bcc:
$B7oL>(B:  Re: lack of a requirement
Hello Katata-san,
Let me confirm again.
Is the preservation of the recorded user data the requirement for Fast
Re-formatting or not?
If you think it is the requirement, please let all Mt.Fuji members know
the technical reason why it is mandatory.
Best Regards,
Harry Ai
VEBU
Panasonic AVC Networks Company