Microsoft Proposal Clarifications
Henry.Gabryjelski at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 20 10:00:18 PDT 2005
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* "Henry Gabryjelski" <Henry.Gabryjelski at microsoft.com>
Microsoft would like to withdraw the LOW proposal at this time.
Please also accept the following minor clarifications to the Microsoft
* Suggestion to use single bit in lead-in area of blue-laser layer for
hybrid discs to indicate hybrid disc status.
- Separate glass master for hybrid and blue-laser-only discs (blue
+ One glass master for legacy layer for single and hybrid discs (red
* Use of fixed 9GB start LBA for blue-laser formats when using a hybrid
+ Allows either CD or DVD-ROM as legacy layer.
+ Allows either BD or HD-DVD as blue layer.
- May cause some LBAs to have no physical sector.
+ Simplifies logical unit logic.
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10