READ DISC STRUCTURE command

takeshi_kohda at post.pioneer.co.jp takeshi_kohda at post.pioneer.co.jp
Sun Oct 2 23:35:04 PDT 2005

* takeshi_kohda at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Dear Harry-san,

> Also, Layer Number field in CDB for FFh is meaningless.

I think the Layer Number field is meaningful if the Disc Structures present
in each layer is different.
For example, a DVD OTP disc does not contain Physical Format Information on
Layer 1 because there is no CDZ.
But DVD PTP disc contains it on Layer 1 because CDZ is there.
The list of returned structure may be different between Layer 0 and Layer
1.

The change of the "Layer Number" field to the "Reserved" field is technical
change and therefore we need confirmation among members.

Best regards,
---
Takeshi Kohda

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org