Help Required - command trace

Pat LaVarre p.lavarre at IEEE.org
Mon Jun 27 07:18:48 PDT 2005

* Pat LaVarre <p.lavarre at ieee.org>
*
> Is there any utility that could detect SCSI/ATA commands passed to a
> SCSI/ATA device?

So far as I know,

Linux has these, free.

Mac has free work in progress, probably not complete.

The Windows tools cost too much: at least, myself, I've never persuaded
any Management to accept a truth that seems obvious to me: any design
engineer working for hire and twisted enough to want to see the plain
hex should see it.

Top of the line is:
http://bustrace.com
Maybe more like US$1,000 per seat than $100 or $10,000.

Me, lately I've cared only about SCSI thru USB, not other SCSI
transports, so I no longer remember if the available tools work
elsewhere also.

Pat LaVarre

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org