Mt.Fuji Ver.6 Rev.0.91 is available

David Burg dburg at nero.com
Mon Jun 27 06:17:10 PDT 2005

* "David Burg" <dburg at nero.com>
*
Dear all,

It would be really nice if could be addressed the problem of walking the
history of the remapping. This capability is required for disc content
recovery on crash. Due to the change of the sequence in which LBAs are
recorded with LJR, legacy algorithm for UDF VAT recovery (walking back the
LBAs starting for the LRA until you find a VAT ICB pointing to a file system
with closed integrity) is no more working.

I suggest we had to the Read Disc Structure this ability, if needed
increasing the version of the layer jump recording feature, so recovery may
walk the history of what has being remapped to LRA (typically, a VAT ICB,
which will point to a point of history of the file system). However, my
choice of command might not be suitable, then pardon my software/host point
of view imperfection and let me know where/how device folks think we should
do it. Which command does not really matter to me, what matters is the
capability to walk the history of remapping.

Note that this capability makes sense only in a recorder, as the host will
want to repair (aka write) the file system just after it founds in the
history of the remapping the newest valid file system.

Best regards,

David Burg

David Burg
Software Development

Nero AG               phone: +49 (0)7248 928 327 (room line) Internal VoIP
-363
Im Stoeckmaedle 18    fax:   +49 (0)7248 928 299
76307 Karlsbad        email: dburg at nero.com
Germany               http://www.nero.com