QA Action Item: ASCQ

David Burg dburg at nero.com
Tue Feb 1 02:23:10 PST 2005

* David Burg <dburg at nero.com>
*
Dear Katata-san,

I can get 5/21/00 by writing to a LBA outside the user addressable=20
space, isn't
it? (That is, the starting address of the write is invalid).

Furthermore, WRITE10 and WRITE12 CDBs field are "Logical Block =
Address", only
WRITE AND VERIFY10 CDB has "Starting Logical Address" (... in MMC 4, =
not in Mt
Fuji 5). 5/21/03 makes it clear that the range (start to end) of the =
write is
the issue, 5/21/00 means for me that the start address, LBA, is not =
reachable
(out of range).

Is it clearer?

Best regards,

David.

Quoting keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp:

> Hi,
>
> How are you confused? What information do you receive from the error =
code?
> Let me know what is different between two errors for Write10 command.
> 5/21/00: LOGICAL BLOCK ADDRESS OUT OF RANGE
> 5/21/03: INVALID RANGE FOR WRITE
>
> Technically both have same description. So someone may be confused.
>
> I think both show that the first address is correct (match with NWA). =
But
> an address on the way is not correct. There may be two typical =
reasons. One
> is NWA disappears at the End sector number of the recordable disc. =
Another

<mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com>,

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org