SPI4R10 Clarification (saved training config mode subpage)

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Wed Aug 24 08:14:30 PDT 2005

> * "Joel Baylon" <Joel.A.Baylon at bitmicro.com>
>
> I just need to clarify the saved training config mode subpage.
>
> The SPI training sequences only shows the training of the
> REQ, ACK, DB, P1, and PCRCA signals. But the saved training
> config mode subpage also shows possible training config values
> for the RST, MSG, IO, etc...
> Are these config values for future SPI standards only

Not likely.

You probably should be referring to spi5r06 rather than
spi4r10, though.

> or is there also a training sequence for the SCSI control signals?

No.

The page derived from proposal 00-392 in October 2000.  r0
only supported DB, P1, and P_CRCA; r1 added all the other
signals because equalizing receivers might have values to
report for these other signals.  The meaning of the values
is vendor-specific, so they don't all have to be used.

> Joel A. Baylon
> Engineer
> BiTMICRO Networks International, Inc.
> 45550 Northport Loop East
> Fremont, CA USA
>
> T: 510.743.3157
> E: joel.a.baylon at bitmicro.com
> W: http://www.bitmicro.com

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> This email and any attached documents may be confidential
> and property of BiTMICRO Networks, Inc. If you are not the
> intended recipient, you may not disclose, copy, distribute,
> or act in reliance on the information in this email.

You need to delete this signature when posting to the T10
reflector, since it's not going to be honored by anyone.

Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org