Connection Scheme in Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) elliott at hp.com
Tue Oct 5 14:36:33 PDT 2004

* "Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <elliott at hp.com>
*
>From a SAS perspective, it doesn't matter.  They'll communicate
regardless of phy numbers.

If you're using SCSI enclosure services (SES) or Serial GPIO (SFF-8485),
various management components will need to understand proper slot/phy
correspondance.  For example, the SGPIO bits for drive 0 correspond to
physical link 0 on the SFF-8484 internal wide connector.  If your
controller's phy 3 is attached to physical link 0 on the connector, it
needs to account for that in the SGPIO bitstream order.

Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org