scsi-1 final draft on the web yes

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Thu May 20 10:07:43 PDT 2004

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>
*
Pat,

While I have included the ASCII version of SCSI-1 on the T10 ftp site for historical reasons, you should be careful about citing it. SCSI-1 was superseded by SCSI-2, so it is no longer an ANSI standard. The INCITS Secretariat requested that I not provide links to obsolete standards on the T10 web site. Instead, they want me to direct people to contact them, which I have done at:

   http://www.t10.org/drafts.htm#OBSOLETE

I believe that if someone actually needed a hard copy of SCSI-1, INCITS could sell them a copy. The only reasons I could think of for needing a copy of SCSI-1 would be some sort of legal issue or someone who is nearly as big a pack rat as I am. :-)

By the way, the s1-r17b.txt file has a 1995 date on my PC -- I think it is much older than that, however. Probably 1985.

John

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.
Colo Spgs, CO 80907