about the SMP functions behavior on SAS-1.1
ugawa-sxa at necst.nec.co.jp
Mon Mar 22 15:53:03 PST 2004
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* Shinji Ugawa <ugawa-sxa at necst.nec.co.jp>
I send a corrected e-mail again because it had a typo.
I would like to make sure the SMP functions behavior on SAS-1.1.
When should the expander initialize or forget the following parameters those
are set by the SMP PHY CONTROL function?
- PROGRAMMED MINIMUM PHYSICAL LINK RATE
- PROGRAMMED MAXIMUM PHYSICAL LINK RATE
- PARTIAL PATHWAY TIMEOUT VALUE
--- Initialize events --------------+--- e.g. PROG. MIN. PHYS. LINK RATE ---
Power on reset | initialize
HARD_RESET primitive received msg. | iitialize, forget the previous value(???)
PHY OPERATION = 'LINK RESET' | still keep the value
PHY OPERATION = 'HARD RESET' | initialize, forget the previous value(???)
PHY OPERATION = 'DISABLE' | still keep the values
/// comments on the SMP state machine descriptions.
A figure is drawn based on SAS-1.1 r03 for the SMP target port.
So, this figure has a few arrows without a destination (requests and
confirmation). My comments are as the followings.
1. SMP_TP2: Frame Transmitted confirmation
The Frame Transmitted confirmation send from SMP_TP2 is in the Figure 106.
But I could not find a description for this confirmation in 184.108.40.206.3.
2. PL_PM3: SMP Transmit Break request
The SMP Transmit Break request send from PL_PM3 is in the Figure 110.
But I could not find a description for this request in 220.127.116.11.1.
3. in SAS-1.1 r03 page 257, in SAS-1.1 r04 page 259.
18.104.22.168.5 PL_OC2:Overall_Control state connection management
If this state receives an Accept_Reject Opens request, then this state
shall send an Accept_Reject Opens message to all phys in the port.
I guess that the "Accept_Reject Opens message to all phys" is misprint for
the "Accept_Reject Opens request to all link layers".
I referred to a table J.11 in an annex J.
4. in SAS-1.1 r03 page 259, in SAS-1.1 r04 page 261.
If this state is in an SMP target port, then this state shall send the
Tx Frame message containing the SMP REQUEST frame to the PL_PM state
machine on which the connection was established for the Tx Open message.
I thought that the "SMP REQUEST frame" should change to the "SMP RESPONSE".
NEC System Technologies, Ltd.
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10