Questions on relative target ports

Burn Alting burn at goldweb.com.au
Wed Mar 3 13:08:00 PST 2004

* Burn Alting <burn at goldweb.com.au>
*
On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 03:21, Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) wrote:
> * "Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <elliott at hp.com>
> *

Robert,

Thanks for your e-mails.

Sorry for the poor terminology, what I meant by 'data set of disks' is a
set of disks which can be presented as a logical unit on one or more
physical ports which could have differing scsi id's and scsi luns.

Let's say I have two logical units A and B and my two port, dual
controller raid setup. Unit A is presented on

Controller 0, port 0	as SCSI ID 0, LUN 0
Controller 0, port 1	as SCSI ID 1, LUN 0
Controller 1, port 0	as SCSI ID 0, LUN 0
Controller 1, port 1	as SCSI ID 2, LUN 0

Unit B is presented on

Controller 0, port 0	as SCSI ID 0, LUN 1
Controller 1, port 1	as SCSI ID 2, LUN 1

For logical unit A, the relative port numbers would be 1, 2, 3 and 4 - a
"quad-ported" device.

My question was essentially, what do I do about logical unit B. Since it
is only ever "dual-ported", should it only have relative port numbers as
1 and 2, even though another logical unit presents different portnumbers
on the same physical bus although a different lun?

Again thanks

Burn
--
Burn Alting <burn at goldweb.com.au>