What are the 'typical' set of Device Identification VPD

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) elliott at hp.com
Wed Mar 3 08:37:37 PST 2004

* "Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <elliott at hp.com>
*

Logical units should report all these device identifiers:
a) logical unit name.  In NAA binary format, EUI-64-based binary format,
or string name format - whatever is convenient based on the protocol(s)
of the target port(s).  A FCP-only or SAS-only target uses NAA format
(64-bit or 128-bit).

b) relative target port identifier of the target port used for the
INQUIRY command.  Should even be returned on a single-ported target.

c) target port identifier or name of the target port used for the
INQUIRY command. In NAA binary, EUI-64 binary, or string name format, as
defined by the transport protocol.  An FCP or SAS target uses a 64-bit
NAA format (the FC port WWN or the SAS address).

d) target device name.  Ideally a single name in string name format (may
be "naa.", "eui.", or "iqn." based).  Could also be a set of device
names, one per target port protocol, each in NAA binary, EUI-64-based
binary, or string name formats.

Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org