Reporting supported opcodes for an SPC-2 compliant scsi device

Brian Auld bauld at lefthandnetworks.com
Wed Jun 2 14:08:30 PDT 2004

* Brian Auld <bauld at lefthandnetworks.com>
*
I was hoping I could leverage the knowledge of this board to help me
|from going cross-eyed.

Is there an SPC-2 command that will tell me what opcodes a given scsi
disk device supports? For SPC-3, I'm aware of the 'REPORT SUPPORTED
OPERATION CODES' command, but I don't see that command in the SPC-2
spec? Is there some other way to determine this information?

Working on a linux platform, I'm using the sg driver to send passthrough
commands to my target devices. When I try to issue a persistent
reservation out command, I seem to get into a hung state with a final
return value indicating that a reset occurred. My persistent reservation
in command do seem to work, however.

Thanks,
Brian

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org