Invitation to join the Trusted Commands reflector

James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com
Mon Jul 19 16:41:04 PDT 2004

* James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com
*

Heare Ye ! Heare Ye ! Heare Ye !

Announcing the debut of a new reflector for discussion of Trusted Commands
issues
involving these two proposals, and all that follow from them:

      T10 proposal:
            04-14041    SPC-3 Security Commands proposal
                        (TRUSTED COMPUTING IN/OUT)

      T13 proposal:
            e04128r0    Assignments for Trusted Computing Group
                        (TRUSTED SEND/TRUSTED RECEIVE)
            http://t13.org/docs2004/e04128r0_assignments_for_TCG.pdf
--------------------------------------
Why a new reflector ?
Because
      * there are several separate groups that need to coordinate on this
topic:
            T10, T13 and TCG
      * and not all members of all groups want to be bothered by
            discussion (which may get lengthy at times)
      * not everybody wants to be a member of all 3 reflectors
      * to reduce cross-posting traffic
            Would you rather get ONE msg or THREE whenever
            someone posts a msg ?
            send an email to me (James.C.Hatfield at Seagate.com)
            indicating your desire. I will activate your request as soon
            as I can (barring network outages and meetings to go to, ...)

      * to post a msg:
            send an email to
                  trustedcmds at t13.org
            *** NO ATTACHMENTS ARE ALLOWED ***
----------------------
Please send any comments or questions (about the reflector) to me;
otherwise, the reflector is open for business !!!

Thank You !!!
Jim Hatfield
ATA Interface Firmware & T13 (ATA/ATAPI) Standards Representative
Seagate Technology LLC
   e-mail:  James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com
   s-mail:  389 Disc Drive;  Longmont, CO 80503 USA
   voice:  720-684-2120
   fax....:  720-684-2711

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org