SATA Port Selector
kido-sxa at necst.nec.co.jp
Tue Feb 10 04:40:23 PST 2004
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* "Kido Shogo" <kido-sxa at necst.nec.co.jp>
I have some proposals and questions about the SATA Port Selector
in SAS-1.1 rev3.
1. I think the following text is unnecessary for SP3 and SP4 state.
"If this receives COMWAKE Detected message and phy supports
attachment to s SATA device and supports attachment to a
SATA port selector, it shall set the ATTACHED SATA PORT
SELECTOR bit in the DISCOVER response to one."
I think the inactive port of the SATA Port Selector sends
COMWAKE only, and, the phy which SATA Port Selector attached
does not move to SP3 or SP4 state.
2. The following text is described in the SP0 state.
"Any transition to this state shall set to the ATTACHED SATA PORT
SELECTOR bit in the DISCOVER response to zero. "
It means that the phy which SATA Port Selector attached repeats
the ATTACHED SATA PORT SELECTOR bit zero and one.
I think this action is the problem because SMP initiator detects
the phy as attached to the SATA Port selector or as not attached
to the SATA Port selector depending on the timing to transmit
3. I do not understand the situation that ATTACHED SATA PORT
SELECTOR bit is one and ATTACHED SATA DEVICE bit is one
in the Discover response.
I think the ATTACHED SATA PORT SELECTOR bit is always zero
when the phy detects the SATA deivce.
NEC System Technologies, Ltd.
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10