[T11.3] SCSI Disk Attach Profile information

Lawrence Chen LawrenceChen at MaXXan.com
Wed Aug 4 16:50:35 PDT 2004

INCITS T11.3 Mail Reflector
********************************

I've been going through the following Disk Attach profile documents
in an attempt to gather all of the relevant SCSI related Disk Attach =
profile
information that is deemed required by us:
- FC-PLDA
- FC-DA

The FC-PLDA document includes clause 11 SCSI-3 block and controller
devices starting on page 41, where, FC-DA does not include this type of
information.

At the moment, I am interested in the Control Mode page, such as,
TST and TAS fields. In the future, I will most likely be interested in =
other
profile areas of SCSI (e.g. SPC and SBC) which are mentioned in FC-PLDA
but not in FC-DA.

Question: Does T10 plan on addressing SPC and SBC disk attach profile =
information
that is included in FC-PLDA but on in FC-DA? Also, there are probably =
some new fields
in the Control Mode page which have been standardized since FC-PLDA was =
written
which would be useful in a newer SCSI Disk profile than FC-PLDA.

Comments?

Best Regards,

Lawrence Chen

Principal Member of Technical Staff (PMTS)
MaXXan Systems, Inc.

(408) 382-6427 (V)
(832) 382-6599 (F)
(408) 204-2460 (C)

LawrenceChen at maxxan.com

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and =
may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use; review, =
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended =
recipient, please contact the sender by return email and destroy all =
copies of the original message.

Copyright  2004 MaXXan Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

To Unsubscribe: