Maximum SAS devices

EGR egr_mail at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 13:43:42 PDT 2003

* "EGR" <egr_mail at yahoo.com>

------=_NextPart_000_014D_01C3868F.B5FA7040

Hi all,

=20

Quick question on SAS. =20

The SCSI Trade Association SAS FAQ (point 5) indicates that an expander
can address a maximum of 64 devices and there is a maximum of 4096
devices in a domain.

I can't find anything in the spec that indicates the above.=20

In fact, the spec indicates that the maximum number of SAS addressed
used by an expander is 128.

=20

Is the FAQ incorrect, or am I missing something?

=20

Thanks,

=20

Elizabeth Rodriguez

=20

------=_NextPart_000_014D_01C3868F.B5FA7040

 Hi all,   Quick question on SAS.  The SCSI Trade Association SAS FAQ (point 5) = indicates that an expander can address a maximum of 64 devices and there is a maximum = of 4096 devices in a domain. I can;t find anything in the spec that = indicates the above. In fact, the spec indicates that the maximum number = of SAS addressed used by an expander is 128.   Is the FAQ incorrect, or am I missing = something?   Thanks,   Elizabeth Rodriguez

------=_NextPart_000_014D_01C3868F.B5FA7040--