BCA Read

Harry Ai ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com
Wed Sep 24 03:06:31 PDT 2003

* Harry Ai <ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com>
*
Hello Bill,

My understanding about this issue is that the BCA read functionality is
already mandatory by being requested to support Format Code 03h of READ DVD
STRUCTURE command for DVD Read Feature.

Of course, DVD-ROM drive, for example, may not be able to read BCA on DVD-R
disc. But it is not a problem.

If my undarstanding above is correct, I don't think we need to care about
the products which are not MMC compliant.

Best Regards,

Harry Ai
RDDC
Panasonic AVC Networks Company