FCP-3 Additional Work Item

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 17 15:06:18 PDT 2003

* Kevin D Butt <kdbutt at us.ibm.com>
--=_alternative 0079597707256DC2_=

I think FCP-3 should address the following:

1) How a host and target login in Point-to-Point topology.  (i.e. today
if the target WWN is larger than the initiator we become deadlocked
because targets are prohibited form sending PRLI and the initiator won't
because it did not send the PLOGI)
2) Better definition of what a target initiated REC is supposed to
accomplish and how the initiator should respond to it.

Kevin D. Butt
Fibre Channel & SCSI Architect, IBM Tape Microcode,
6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ  85744
Tie-line 321; Office: 520-799-5280, Lab: 799-5751, Fax: 799-4138, Email:
kdbutt at us.ibm.com

--=_alternative 0079597707256DC2_=

Kevin D. Butt<br>
Fibre Channel &amp; SCSI Architect, IBM Tape Microcode, <br>
6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ &nbsp;85744<br>
Tie-line 321; Office: 520-799-5280, Lab: 799-5751, Fax: 799-4138, Email: kdbutt at us.ibm.com</font>
--=_alternative 0079597707256DC2_=--